A tip of the hat, a shake of the hand, appreciation, recognition, thanks; however you want to say it, sign it, or express it, SCT is here to say we are thankful for YOU.
As we welcome July, we are taking a moment to look back at an extraordinary—though unprecedented—year and acknowledge that we could not be here without each and every person who has shared their support of SCT and theatre for young audiences.
So, please join us in an epic exclamation of thanks...
TO our drama school families:
You are the flame that keeps creativity alive and bright! It is because of your support that SCT was able to successfully bring our Summer Drama School programming online and...
- Serve 436 students in 14 states in the first month of virtual Summer Drama Classes. We cannot wait to see what July and August bring!
- Bring 18 teaching artists onto staff for the summer to lead classes like Sketch Comedy, Playwriting, Story Drama, and much more.
- Continue our Summer Internship Program by welcoming 9 college students and recent graduates to assist us virtually as Teaching Artist and Arts Administration Interns.
- Introduce a new slate of summer classes focused making space for underrepresented voices in the BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and sensory friendly communities.
To our educators:
We are constantly inspired by your resiliency and leadership. Because you recognize the importance of live theatre and theater education, SCT served over 34,000 students from 311 schools across the region through School Field Trips, Arts Based Learning, and Community Engagement in the past school year. Thanks to your support, our community’s youth experienced the transformational power of live theatre.
TO OUR TICKET BUYERS & SUBSCRIBERS:
Though our Mainstage season was cut short, we are thankful to have shared the beauty and artistry of Black Beauty, the thrill in experiencing Corduroy’s adventures, and the clever re-telling of Snow White. Thank you for celebrating the joy of live theatre by gathering and sharing the magic of SCT with your families and the young people in your lives.
To Our Donors:
You embody the values and mission of SCT. You are the drama school families, ticket buyers, educators, board members, alumni, and community advocates who represent the many reasons why SCT will make it through this time to continue bringing theatre and theatre education to young audiences.
- Since March, 1,499 tickets were donated back to the theater
- SCT has had 1,429 first time donors (and counting!)
Yes, You! If you are reading this, regardless of how you have shown your support for SCT, we are grateful. Your dedication is unmatched, and we could not impact the lives of students, young people, and families across Washington State and in our Puget Sound Region without you. We look forward to the time that we can bask in the joy of live theatre, together.