So do we! For the last 20 years, SCT Drama School students have imagined and created their own version of a (not so spooky) haunted experience for SCT staff, teaching artists and family members to enjoy.
Since we can’t be together in SCT’s classrooms to experience the spooks in person, now is your chance to bring this tradition to life in your living room. See below for the potion on how to craft your own Not So Haunted House and take a look back at years past.
- Step 1: The most important step in creating the perfect Not So Haunted House is your creativity. Use your body, your voice, and your imagination to craft the perfect spooky setting! Ask yourself: Who are you? A witch? A pirate? A ghost? Where are you? A graveyard? A pumpkin patch? The forest?
- Step 2: Grab whatever items you have around the house that will help you bring your spooky tale to life. Those couch cushions would make great gravestones! Is there a creature lurking in lake bathtub? Dad’s coat sure looks like a headless monster! Who knows what’s lurking around the corner in the kitchen...the possibilities are endless!
- Step 3: Tap a friend or a sibling to help tell your story! They can be a new character or help to guide unsuspecting adults through your haunted path.
- Step 4: It’s showtime! Gather all who dare to enter your domain. Dazzle and delight with your spooktacular tale!
- Step 5: Remember, this is a Not So Haunted House. Make sure to find a creative way to reveal to your visitors that it’s all pretend! Halloween is the perfect time for tricks, but they’ll love this treat.
We can’t wait to see what you create! Send us photos at firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us @sct_seattle on Instagram and Facebook for a chance to be featured on SCT’s social channels.